This year I challenged myself to do video. This is the first time I have ever edited a video. I shot all the clips using my DSLR, putting them together, edited it to make it more fluid and to turn it into a movie, adding music.
1. Learn to keep camera steady with no shake
2. Plan to shoot with a story.
3. Learn to edit more fluid and better flow
3. Create a setting, and the story must have beginning, middle and ending so that the video has more of a story for viewer to follow
- A story must have a setting, the weather, the time of the day, the mood…
- Beginning could be people (characters) getting ready, putting shoes on, coats on, waking up, brushing teeth, brushing hair, fixing up the bed… preparing breakfast, making coffee,
- Middle: is the story, the problem, the solution… family interacting, reading book, the details of what’s going on
- Ending: How does the story end? what happens to the people, characters? setting mood and fade out..
Just basic things I have learned so far, can’t wait for the next time. If you would like to participate with me, please let me know.